Owatrol CIP Corrosion Inhibiting Primer
- Stock: 2-3 Days
- Weight: 0.75kg
- MPN: 788
Steel Primer For New or Rusted Surfaces. Ideal Over Owatrol Oil or applied direct for Two Pack Paints etc. Very popular with the vintage and classic car, vintage tractor fraternity for restoration. (Price shown is for .75L exc vat)
- Universal rust inhibiting primer for all paint types – Will not dissolve or break down when high solvent paints applied.
- Penetrates and stabilises the surface, forming a solid stable layer that other coatings can firmly adhere to. Pigmentation offers increased protection and perfect film-forming qualities.
- Easy to use, no need for sanding or sandblasting.
- Use on new or rusted surfaces – interior and exterior. High temperature resistance up to 175 °c.
WHERE TO USE
- C.I.P. (Corrosion Inhibiting Primer) is recommended for all severe environmental conditions: marine or tropical climates, corrosive fumes, protection of motor vehicles, construction equipment and ballast tanks of ships as well as everyday items i.e. railings, gates….
It is especially recommended for the protection of vintage or classic cars, tractors, machinery etc where cellulose or two part paints are used.
If the steel has bad, scaly rust, saturate that first with Owatrol Oil (also on this website) and after a few hours that scaly rust can be scraped off with the greatest of ease using an ordinary paint scraper etc. Please take a few moments to read about how the Owatrol Oil works on rust etc.
If you plan to paint using a strong solvent or 2 pack paint for finishing, you will need to apply a coat of CIP on top of the layer of Owatrol Oil. Reason being, those paints react if applied directly on top of a surface treated with Owatrol Oil.
Another great application for CIP is on new steel or sections you have welded together to replace old rusted parts etc.
- The C.I.P. is especially recommended where a high resistant paint or two-pack finish (urethane, epoxy, chlorinated rubber, synthetic) is to be applied or necessary.
RECOMMENDATIONS BEFORE APPLICATION
- Shake or stir paint well before and during use.
- Do not dilute.
- Remove all loose and flaking rust, mill scale and old paint back to a sound surface using a wire brush or scraper. It is not necessary to remove all firmly adhered rust.
- Surfaces exposed to chemicals (salts, acids, alkalis, vehicle chassis etc...) should be washed with water or steam cleaned.
- Severely contaminated surfaces should be cleaned using the appropriate solvent.
- Before application, ensure surface is clean, dry and free from oil, grease and other surface contaminants.
- With the C.I.P. sand or shot-blasted surfaces do not require immediate priming; a light rust coating will not affect its performance or the final result.
Application tools : Brush - roller - conventional or airless spray
Application temperature :+5°C to +30°C
Drying :6 h.