Owatrol Textrol Golden Oak / Rustic Oak / Weathered Grey & Graphite Grey
- Stock: In Stock
- Weight: 1.00kg
Deep Penetrating, Non-Peel Oil Finish For Exterior Woods
Textrol is the answer when you want a deep penetrating, non-peel oil for your decking, cladding etc.
Penetrating oil finish / decking oil for weathered wood which protects against moisture and UV damage
- Developed for weathered wood
- Penetrates and protects from within the wood
- Use on horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Excellent penetration- Textrol goes into the wood not on the surface.
- Non-film forming – will not crack, peel or flake.
- Protects against moisture and UV damage.
- Quick and easy to apply – “wet on wet” application.
- Provides mildew resistance.
- Easy maintenance – no stripping or sanding.
- Soft or hardwoods: Cedar, Larch, Pine (pressure treated or not), Ash, Oak …
- Can be applied to both horizontal surfaces (decks, walkways) and vertical surfaces (cladding, shingles, fences) and other exterior wood structures
- Not recommended for new wood – use Seasonite instead.
- Apply an application of Textrol and allow it to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply a second application and allow it to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure until the wood is saturated i.e. will accept no more oil.
- Do NOT allow Textrol to become touch dry or dry between coats (apply “wet on wet”).
- Once the timber is saturated, always brush out or wipe up any excess product that has not penetrated to avoid shiny spots.
- Textrol gradually lightens over time due to exposure to the sun and UV rays.
- Refer to the packaging for maintenance procedure.
Multicoat coverage : 5 m²/l
Coverage rate for maintenance : 10 to 12 m²/l
Application tools : stiff bristle - brush - paint roller, airless spray
Application temperature : 5°C to +35°C
Working time : 24 to 48 h.
Clean-up : White-Spirit
Textrol may cost a bit more than other commonly available wood oils, but there are good reasons for that and you get what you pay for!
Choose Textrol Decking Oil, Wood Oil when you want to save yourself hard work, regular repeated applications and of course.. money.