Deks Olje D1, Saturating Wood Oil, Interior, Exterior, Hard Woods, Boats & Home Saturating Oil For Interior And Exterior Hardwood With a Clear Satin Finish – Protects From Within.
Deks Olje D1, (pronounced 'decks o-lee-ay') Saturating oil for interior and exterior hardwood with a clear satin finish – protects from within
- Ideal for use on new oak and tropical Hardwoods – perfect for dense wood species
- Penetrates the wood fully and protects from within
- Extremely thin oil which saturates the wood, literally feeding it from within
- Easy maintenance – no sanding or stripping
- Can be applied to both horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Saturates and protects all woods – Soft and Hard; Oily and Dense.
- Excellent penetration – non-film forming.
- Replaces the natural oils lost from the wood – will not blacken the timber.
- Transparent – Enhances the natural grain of the wood.
- Deep penetrating, stabilises the wood – Protects against moisture ingress.
- Easy maintenance – no sanding or stripping.
- Used alone, gives a silken matt finish or overcoat with Deks Olje D2 for a high gloss finish
Where to use
- Hardwoods and Tropical Timber : Teak, Mahogany, Oak, Chestnut, Movingui, Ipe, Bangkirai
- Softwoods : Pine, Larch, Spruce
- Exterior : garden furniture, hardwood windows and doors, patios, walkways, boat decks, topsides on boats, portals …
- Interior : paneling, stairs, doors, windows, door frames …
- Marine : Can be applied above or below the water line. Excellent primer for conventional single pack marine coatings.
- Horizontal – Vertical.
- Apply a coat of D1 – Allow to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply a second application. Allow to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure until the wood is saturated i.e. will accept no more oil.
- Once the timber is saturated, brush out or wipe up any excess product that has not penetrated to avoid shiny spots.
- Do not allow D1 to become touch dry or dry between coats (apply “wet on wet”).
- Refer to the packaging for maintenance procedure.
Multicoat coverage :1 to 4 m²/l (depending on porosity)
Coverage rate for maintenance :8 to 12 m²/l
Application tools :Brush - Roller
Application temperature :5°C to +35°C
Drying :24 h.
Setting up time before use :3 days.
Choose Deks Olje D1 To Protect Your Hardwood