Deep Penetrating, Non-Peel Oil Finish For Exterior Woods / Golden Oak
Textrol Golden Oak is just a little darker than the Textrol Clear
Textrol Clear resembles water on wood. Textrol Golden Oak is the most popular treatment for Cedar and because it contains some pigment it lasts longer than the Textrol Clear.
Penetrating oil finish / decking oil for weathered wood which protects against moisture and UV damage
- Developed for weathered wood
- Penetrates and protects from within the wood
- Non film forming – will not crack, peel or flake
- Use on horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Excellent penetration- Textrol goes into the wood not on the surface.
- Non-film forming – will not crack, peel or flake.
- Protects against moisture and UV damage.
- Quick and easy to apply – “wet on wet” application.
- Provides mildew resistance.
- Easy maintenance – no stripping or sanding.
- Soft or hardwoods: Cedar, Larch, Pine (pressure treated or not), Ash, Oak …
- Can be applied to both horizontal surfaces (decks, walkways) and vertical surfaces (cladding, shingles, fences) and other exterior wood structures
- Do not use on new wood – use Seasonite instead.
- Apply an application of Textrol and allow it to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply a second application and allow it to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure until the wood is saturated i.e. will accept no more oil.
- Do not allow Textrol to become touch dry or dry between coats (apply “wet on wet”).
- Once the timber is saturated, always brush out or wipe up any excess product that has not penetrated to avoid shiny spots.
- The appearance of Textrol Golden Oak gradually lightens over time due to exposure to the sun and UV rays. When the wood has lightened to a light grey colour, it is time for a maintenance top up coat.
- Refer to the packaging for maintenance procedure.
Multicoat coverage : 5 m²/l
Coverage rate for maintenance : 10 to 12 m²/l
Application tools : stiff bristle - brush - paint roller, airless spray
Application temperature : 5°C to +35°C
Working time : 24 to 48 h.
Clean-up : White-Spirit
Textrol may cost a bit more than other commonly available wood oils, but there are good reasons for that and you get what you pay for!
Choose Textrol if you want to save yourself hard work, regular repeated applications and of course.. money.