Deep Penetrating, Non-Peel, Oil Finish For Exterior Woods, Rustic Oak
Textrol Rustic Oak is the darkest of the three Textrol wood tone's. Somewhat reddish in shade. Has a darker / hardwood type look and because it has more pigment in it that the other two Textrol's, it is the longest lasting from point of view of fading from UV etc. (Textrol is now available in a weathered grey finish)
Penetrating oil finish / decking oil for weathered wood which protects against moisture and UV damage
- Developed for weathered wood
- Penetrates and protects from within the wood
- Non film forming – does not crack, peel or flake
- Use on horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Excellent penetration- Textrol soaks deep into the wood, does not clot or congeal on the surface.
- Protects against moisture and UV damage.
- Quick and easy to apply – “wet on wet” application.
- Provides mildew resistance.
- Easy maintenance – no stripping or sanding.
- Soft or hardwoods: Cedar, Larch, Pine (pressure treated or not), Ash, Oak …
- Can be applied to both horizontal surfaces (decks, walkways) and vertical surfaces (cladding, shingles, fences) and other exterior wood structures
- Do not use on new wood – use Seasonite instead.
- Apply an application of Textrol and allow it to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply a second application and allow it to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure until the wood is saturated i.e. will accept no more oil.
- Do not allow Textrol to become touch dry or dry between coats (apply “wet on wet”).
- Once the timber is saturated, brush out or wipe off any excess oil that has not penetrated to avoid shiny spots.
- The appearance of Textrol gradually lightens over time due to exposure to the sun and UV rays. When the wood has lightened to a light grey colour, it is time for a maintenance application.
- Refer to the packaging for maintenance procedure.
Multicoat coverage : 5 m²/l
Coverage rate for maintenance : 10 to 12 m²/l
Application tools : stiff bristle - brush - airless spray
Application temperature : 5°C to +35°C
Working time : 24 to 48 h.
Clean-up : White-Spirit
Textrol may cost a bit more than other commonly available wood oils, but there are good reasons for that and you get what you pay for!
Check out comments from regular customers below.
Choose Textrol if you want to save yourself hard work, regular repeated applications and of course.. money.